Co-edited with Dr. Prosenjit Bose a special issue of a selection of papers from the
17th Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry that will appear in Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications , Vol. 42, No. 5, July 2009.
Journal/Conference publications and Technical Reports
Binay K. Bhattacharya, Gautam Das, Asish Mukhopadhyay and Giri Narasimhan. Optimally
computing a shortest weakly visible line segment inside a simple polygon.
Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, 23(1), pages 1-29, July 2002.
G.Srinivasaraghavan and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Edge visibility graphs of orthogonal polygons with holes. International Journal of Computational Geometry and
Applications, 10(1), pages 79-102, 2000
Binay K. Bhattacharya and Asish Mukhopadhyay and Godfried T.Toussaint.
Computing a shortest weakly externally visible line
segment for a simple polygon. International Journal of Computational Geometry and Applications, 9(1), pages 81-96, 1999.
G. Srinivasaraghavan and A. Mukhopadhyay. A new necesssary condition for the vertex
visibility graphs of simple polygons. Discrete and Computational
Geometry, 12(1), pages 65-82, 1994 .
Binay K. Bhattacharya and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Computing in linear time an internal line segment from which a simple polygon is weakly internally visible. In Proceedings of ISAAC, LNCS 1004, pages 22-31, Cairns, Australia, 1995 .
- Binay K. Bhattacharya, Asish Mukhopadhyay and Giri Narasimhan. Two guard walkability of simple polygons. In Proceedings
of the 7th International Conference on Algorithms and Data Structures (WADS), LNCS 2125, Rhode Island, USA, 2001 .
- Asish Mukhopadhyay, Chris Drouillard and Godfried Toussaint. Guarding simple polygons with semi-open edge guards.
In Proceedings of The Third International Conference on Digital Information Processing and
Communications (ICDIPC2013), Dubai, UAE, 30 Jan. 2013 - 1 Feb. 2013, pages 417-422:w
S. V. Rao and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Fast Algorithms for computing beta-skeletons and their
relatives. Pattern Recognition, 34, pages 2163-2172, 2001 .
Asish Mukhopadhyay and S. V. Rao. Output-sensitive algorithm for computing
beta-skeletons. Computing, 65, pages 285-289, 2000 .
Gautam K. Das, Asish Mukhopadhyay, Subhas C. Nandy, Sangameswar Patil and S. V. Rao. Computing the straight skeleton of a monotone polygon in O(n log n) time. Accepted for presentation to Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry, 9-11 August, 2010 .
S. V. Rao and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Efficient algorithms for computing the beta-spectrum. In Proceedings of the Canadian
Conference on Computational Geometry, New Brunswick, pages 91-97, August 2000 .
S. V. Rao and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Beta-skeletons in higher dimensions.
In Proceedings of the First Indian Conference on Computer Vision, Graphics and Image Processing, New Delhi, pp 402-407,
December 1998 .
Andrzej Lingas and Asish Mukhopadhyay. A linear-time construction of the relative neighbourhood graph within a histogram.
The 4th International Workshop on Algorithms and Data Structures (WADS), LNCS 955, pages. 228-238, Springer, 16-18 August 1995 .
Asish Mukhopadhyay and Eugene Greene. The ordinary line problem revisited.
In Computational Geometry: Theory and Applications, Vol. 45, pages 127-130, 2012.
- Asish Mukhopadhyay, Alok Agrawal and Ravi Mohan Hosabettu. On the ordinary line problem in computational geometry.
Nordic Journal of Computing, 4, pages 330-341, 1997.
- Olivier Devillers and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Finding an ordinary conic and
an ordinary hyperplane. Nordic Journal of Computing, 6(4), pages 462-468, 1999.
- Shreesh Jadhav and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Computing a centerpoint of a finite planar set of points in
linear time. Discrete and Comp. Geometry, 12(3), pp 291-312, 1994.
- Asish Mukhopadhyay. Computing the incidences of m points and n conics in the plane. Technical Report, School of Computer Science, University of Windsor, Canada.
Satish Panigrahi, Md. Shafiul Alam, and Asish Mukhopadhyay. A new profiling tool for gene expression data.
Poster presentation at Conference on Informatics and Integrative Biology , 14 December - 16 December 2011 (CIIB-2011) Kolkata, India. poster; an extended version accepted for presentation at ICCSA, 2013 in Vietnam.
Puspal Bhabak and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Improved Approximation algorithms for agreement forests on k phylogenetic trees.
Oral presentation at Conference on Informatics and Integrative Biology , 14 December - 16 December 2011 (CIIB-2011) Kolkata, India. talk
- Md. Shafiul Alam, Satish Panigrahi, Puspal Bhabak and Asish Mukhopadhyay.
Multi-gene linear separabiliy of gene expression data in linear time . In Short Abstracts Collection, pages 51-54,
6th International Symposium on Bioinformatics Research and Applications (ISBRA 10) , University of Connecticut, USA,
May 23-26, 2010. pdf .
- Md. Shafiul Alam, Asish Mukhopadhyay and Animesh Sarker. Generalized jewels and the point placement problem.
In Proceedings of the 21st Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry, pages 45-48, UBC, Vancouver, August 17-19, 2009. pdf
- Md. Shafiul Alam, Asish Mukhopadhyay and Animesh Sarker. More on generalized jewels and the point placement problem. Technical Report, School of Computer Science, University of Windsor, September 2009.
- Md. Shafiul Alam and Asish Mukhopadhyay. A new algorithm and improved lower bound for point placement on a line in
2 rounds. In Proceedings of the 22nd Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry , Winnipeg, Manitoba,
9-11 August, 2010. pdf
- Md. Shafiul Alam and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Improved upper and lower bounds for the point placement problem. Technical Report, School of Computer Science, University of Windsor, No. 10-004, March 2010. Accepted as a poster paper to Workshop on Algorithms in Bioinformatics (WABI 2010) , 8-10 September, University of Liverpool, England. Also archived as
- Md. Shafiul Alam and Asish Mukhopadhyay. A linear time geometric algorithm for the segment density problem.
In Abstracts of the Fall Workshop on Computational Geometry, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook, USA, 29-30 October, 2010.
- Md. Shafiul Alam and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Algorithms for the problems of length-constrained heaviest segments, August 2011, arXiv.org:1108.4972
- Md. Shafiul Alam and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Optimal Algorithms for Some Sum and Density Problems of a Sequence, Accepted for
presentation to the 21st Fall Workshop on Computational Geometry, 4-5 November 2011, CCNY, New York City, New York.
Applications of Computational Geometry in Computer Graphics
Curve and Surface Reconstruction
Asish Mukhopadhyay, Harshit Rathod, Chong Wang and Bryan St. Amour, Certifying curve reconstruction algorithms, In Proceedings of the 26th EuroCG Workshop on Computational Geometry, pages 225-228 ,
Dortmund, Germany, March 22-24, 2010.
Asish Mukhopadhyay and Augustus Das, Curve reconstruction in the presence of noise, in Proceedings of
Computer Graphics, Imaging and Visualization, pp 177-182, held at Bangkok, Thailand
15 - 17 August, 2007
Asish Mukhopadhyay and Augustus Das, An RNG-based heuristic for curve reconstruction, in Proceedings of the International Symposium on Voronoi Diagram 2006, Banff, Canada, 2-5 July, 2006, pages 246-251, (revised version) pdf
Gunjan Jha, Sanjay Agarwal and Asish Mukhopadhyay, Surface Reconstruction from Contours: Improvements to the Barequet-Sharir heuristic, in Proceedings of CSI-97, Ahmedabad, India, 1997.
Vishal Goenka, Deepak Kumar, Nabanjan Das and Asish Mukhopadhyay,
Surface Reconstruction from Parallel Planar Contours,
in Proceedings of CSI-96, Bangalore, pp 441 - 444, 1996.
- Encoding Quadrilateral Meshes in 2.40 bits per vertex, Pawel Kosicki, Asish Mukhopadhyay, in Proceedings of ICVGIP 2004 (acceptance
rate 30%), Kolkata, India, Dec 16-18, 2004 .
- Quanbin Jing, Asish Mukhopadhyay, Linear time compression and decompression of 3d quad mesh on
vertex and opposite-edge table, Manuscript, June 2002.
- Asish Mukhopadhyay, Quanbin Jing, Encoding quadrilateral meshes, accepted to
the Fifteenth Canadian Conference on Computational Geometry, halifax, Nova Scotia, 2003.
May 2003. Compressed PDF File
- B. S. S. Pradhan and A. Mukhopadhyay, Adaptive cell division for ray-tracing, Computers and Graphics, Vol. 15, No. 4, pp 549-552, 1991 .
M. S. Alam and Asish Mukhopadhyay. Constraint Representation for Autonomous Camera. Accepted to the 2010 International Conference on
Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality (CGVR'10) , Las Vegas, Nevada, USA, 12 July - 15 July, 2010.
Asish Mukhopadhyay, 2x2 matrix-multiplication revisited, in Journal of the Indian Institute of Science,
- Asish Mukhopadhyay, A solution to the polynomial Hensel-code problem, IEEE Transactions on Computers, VC-36, pp 634-637, 1987 .
- Asish Mukhopadhyay and V.S.Alagar, Exact computation of the characteristic polynomial of an
integer matrix, Annual Conference on Computer Algebra, Algebraic
Algorithms, Symbolic Computation and Error-Correcting Codes,
Grenoble, France, 1985, pp 316-324, LNCS V229.